Keeping Your Dining Tables in Top Shape
The care and maintenance of any property is vital to getting the best out of it. Once the maintenance is lacking or inadequate, the durability or value of such an item starts depreciating. Taking care of your dining room table is no different-to make it last for a long period of time, it’s up to you.
Dining tables come in different styles, designs and materials, and keeping them in top shape requires an understanding of their makeup. It is thus logical to expect that cleaning a marble dining table, as an example, will be different from cleaning a glass dining table. Hence, the first question to ask is: what type of table do you have?
The answer to this question will determine how to go about keeping your table in a good condition. I’m sure you invested quite a sum of money into getting a quality dining table, and you definitely want to keep it looking new always. This article will discuss how to care for dining tables under three headings: wooden, glass, and marble.
Wooden Dining room Table Care
• Keep your dining room table out of direct sunlight. This will prevent the oil finish of your table from evaporating and leaving a lack luster surface. Be sure to also keep it away from heating or air conditioning outlets.
• Keep your table surface protected from heat, scratches and spills by using table pads, table cloths or placemats. Do not place hot objects directly on the table.
• Regularly dust your table with a slightly damp or soft dry cloth. Clean up liquid spills immediately to prevent your table from soaking them up.
• Do not drag your tables to maintain the integrity of the joints.
Glass Dining Table Care
• Use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the surface of your glass table regularly. A feather duster can also be used but be careful about leaving scratches on your table.
• Use reliable commercial cleaners or domestic water+ vinegar cleaners to keep your glass sparkling and streak free
• Do not drag cutlery or place other sharp objects on your glass dining table
Marble Dining Room Table Care
• Use a high quality sealer to seal your marble table if necessary. At least, seal once a year.
• Protect the surface during meals with table pads, place mats, and table cloths.
• Use warm water and soft piece of cloth to clean the surface daily. Wipe off spills immediately to prevent staining and dulling of the finish of your marble dining table.
These are a few tips on taking the best care of your main dining room furniture. I suggest that you follow these tips closely and with care in order to get the best results out of them. After all, we all want our furniture to look at their best! It is the most important thing for every housewife and we should make sure to respect that even if it is not our “duty” to keep them clean!